Tom knows that the past few years have been tough on the people of Pennsylvania and he has been fighting for pro-growth policies to get America back to work. As a fiscal conservative, Tom believes that the best way to create jobs is to remove government barriers to the private sector and cut the bureaucratic red-tape that stifles innovation and success. He understands that excessive regulation on job creators in America suffocates economic growth and limits individual opportunity.
Tom will continue to fight for small business owners and hard working individuals who are the backbone of our economy by:
- Supporting lower taxes for all hardworking Americans and reducing the job-crushing taxes on businesses that employ American workers.
- Supporting a Balanced Budget Amendment to the United States Constitution which will stop out of control deficit spending.
- Continuing to reduce government spending and expose the abuse, fraud, and waste in Washington.
Tom has continuously voted to repeal, defund, and replace Obamacare at every opportunity in his first two terms. While Tom believes that every American should have access to quality and affordable health care, he is fundamentally opposed to the government intrusion of Obamacare into the health care decisions of American families. He believes that the law must be repealed and replaced with more effective reforms.
Tom shares the same beliefs of the people of the 10th District and will continue to:
- Support legislation which allows small businesses to purchase health insurance across state lines and will encourage competition and reduce premiums.
- Work to ensure that those who like their existing health coverage are able to keep it.
- Support meaningful medical liability reforms to put an end to frivolous lawsuits that are a major driver cost driver for health care spending.
- Work to extend equal tax treatment for the purchase of health insurance by individuals and companies.
Destroying ISIS and Fighting Terrorism
Tom understands the importance of protecting the citizens of the United States from acts of terrorists and believes that we must continue to keep our nation safe but still free. ISIS is a growing threat to our freedom.
Tom believes that we must continue to keep our country safe by:
- Ramping up attacks on ISIS and taking a more serious approach to defeating them
- Reversing the defense cuts made by President Obama
- Giving military families a pay increase to acknowledge their commitment to our freedom and to recognize the difficulties that these families face while loved ones are fighting overseas.
- Securing our border to prevent illegal immigrants and potential terrorists from entering our nation.
Tom believes we can protect the Greatest Generation while still ensuring a bright future for the next generation. Our government has made promises to seniors that cannot and should not be broken. The President and Nancy Pelosi have already broken this promise with Obamacare–cutting Medicare by $750 billion, more than $1,500 in cuts per each senior in my district.
We can protect seniors and balance the budget by:
- Cutting the more than $200 billion a year in duplicate and wasteful payments by the government.
- Expanding taxable oil production and exploration
- Making the tax code more efficient by lowering rates
- Enacting long-term entitlement reform to offer more choices to young Americans
Tom comes from a region that has been blessed with an abundance of natural gas. This resource can make us energy independent and assist in protecting our national security. Our country’s dependence on foreign oil has led us to give trillions of American dollars to foreign nations, many of which pose a serious threat to our security.
Back in Washington, Tom will vote for legislation that:
- Allows for the safe development of domestic energy resources like oil and natural gas.
- Encourages development of alternative and renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal and improved hydroelectric facilities.
- Reduces the government’s unnecessary regulation of domestic electric utilities which leads to unnecessarily high costs for energy, low job growth in the manufacturing sector and a stagnant economy.
Securing Our Border and Defeating Amnesty
Many in Congress, including some Republicans, think we need to grant amnesty to people who have come here illegally. As a second-generation Italian American, Tom appreciates the contributions of all immigrants, but Tom believes we need respect the rule of law and secure our border. That’s why Tom supported a border security that was passed by the House and is now being held up in the dysfunctional Senate. Until the border is secured, Tom knows the people of this district would never except any form of amnesty.
Fighting for Our Agriculture Community
Tom has fought for our agricultural community for the last four years. Our farmers are the backbone of our country, and their hard work provides so much for our people and businesses. The Farm Bureau has given me an award, and I plan to continue leading on these issues.
Enacting Term Limits
Tom has been a long-time supporter of term limits and a term limit amendment to the Constitution. In order to stop gridlock and politicians becoming royalty, it is imperative we move to term-limit all our legislators. Our founders did not intend for us to be career politicians, but rather, citizen legislators. The legislation I have proposed would limit members to 12 years in each chamber.
Tom is a lifelong member of the National Rifle Association and a strong supporter of gun rights and the Second Amendment. He has been endorsed by the NRA and received an “A” rating. Our founders knew the importance of armed citizens to protect against tyranny, and our government should never restrict the right to bear arms.
As a parent of two adopted children, Tom strongly opposes abortion. He has been endorsed by National Right to Life and will continue to fight for America’s more vulnerable people–the unborn.